When building a new home or remodeling your kitchen, it is important to find the best material to use for countertops. You can’t simply settle for anything that looks beautiful without looking into its features, pros, and cons. Homeowners today are looking into stone materials instead of just the usual kitchen tiles. Aside from its elegant look, stone is known to be a durable choice. Some of the best choices you can consider are quartz kitchen countertops.
Just like other stone materials, quartz countertops for your kitchen come with advantages and disadvantages. It is now up to you to decide whether those pros outweigh the cons. Of course, quartz is undeniably beautiful so it would be challenging to look past this when you’re making a decision. However, it is best to be aware of everything quartz can offer, both good and bad, so you know you’re making the right choice.
The Advantages of Quartz Kitchen Countertops
Countertops for the kitchen made with quartz are very popular among homeowners for very good reasons. Aside from its beauty, it comes with a number of other benefits too.
1. Durable – Quartz is very durable. For as long as it is properly installed and maintained, you can be sure it will last for a long time.
2. Color options – Because quartz is an engineered stone coming from a clear material, color options are limitless. You can choose practically any color you wish that would match your home’s interiors.
3. Stain-resistant – One of the best features of quartz, which makes it even better for the kitchen, is its stain-resistance. It can resist most types of liquids including sauces, oils, and more.
The Disadvantages of Quartz Kitchen Countertops
As earlier mentioned, quartz isn’t a perfect choice. It is a very good one though. It’s just important that you’re aware of its few disadvantages prior to having your countertops installed.
1. Expensive – Quartz is quite an expensive choice. It is very worth it though because it is beautiful, elegant, and durable.
2. Does not resist heat – Because you’re handling a lot of hot stuff in the kitchen, it can be a downside that quartz isn’t heat-resistant. It is best to be sure you have enough trivets around your kitchen so hot pans and pots won’t damage your countertops.
Learn more about solar attic fans, click here.